Monday, November 18, 2013

Dear Language, I love you

Dear Language,

We've been dancing around this for a while you and I , and I think that it's long past time for me to find a way to put my feelings into words (which is ironic, considering who I'm talking to)

Let me put it simply, language.

I love you.

I love everything about you.  Your spoken forms, the adorable way you transition into written form and leave those crazy little irregularities all over the place, your non-verbal forms.  I love the translate into body language. 

When I think about the way your noun-verb declension functions in the majority of Romance languages, it's all I can do not to tear away your prepositional cases and have my way with you right there.

Don't get me started on your nyms.  Synonyms, antonyms, homonyms.  The rarely acknowledged but still important heteronyms (you and you're 'get me the Polish polish hyjinks. - You're a MINX you are, language.  A minx!)

You know, for a loosely collected assemblage of general agreements made for the sake of functioning together as a collective society, you got it going ON!

I guess I've felt like this for a long time, Language.  I'm sorry it's taken me so long to put these thoughts into words whose common usage convey advanced concepts as communicated through written symbology.

Oh, look at you,  making me get all gooey...

Yours 4-evah,

The Vizsla

No comments:

Post a Comment