Friday, May 24, 2013

Estelle Getty - Sex symbol

Now, I know that you clicked on that just to verify your belief that the vizsla must be high.

But I stumbled across something interesting today.

While we will always treasure remembering Estelle Getty as this

 



Before that, she was this...





Thank you for being a friend.... with benefits...

OK, the Vizsla just creeped himself out, but my overarching point about how people are capable of being more than one thing still stands.

I can't get the image out of my head now...

8 comments:

  1. This is actress Myrna Loy. Not Estelle Getty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. Interesting. This was long enough ago now that I can no longer find where I found the picture in the first place, but wherever it was cited it as being Estelle. Incorrectly apparently, as I've been doing a bit of research in the two minutes since I read your comment.

    I console myself that I've never made any particular claim to being a beacon of accuracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (...you probably found that misleading pic at some Pinterest page).

    Well here is one of how she actually looked when she was much younger than the "Sophia" we used to know : http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c3/a0/7c/c3a07c6825582f0ac863a4e00f2ee949.jpg

    ...which is genuine I guess, judging from this video of an interview of hers back in the early 90ies I just now happened to stumbled upon, including that very photograph (can be found at 1' 12'') while the interviewer was making his preface about Getty : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGouqSr0eBE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the research :) You guys', that is. Not mine, obviously.

    Expect a followup on the Myrna Loy Scandal later today

    ReplyDelete
  5. First comment is right, this is Myrna Loy. Estelle Getty's first movie debut was in the 70s I believe, so there are no official images of her when she was young. They might be out there, but nothing has been verified.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like Myrna Loy, just saying

    ReplyDelete