Sunday, April 13, 2014

Vizsla Flashback - So I was Googling Joyce Dewitt This Morning...

And why don't more stories begin with that sentence?

Anyway - For those not up to speed, Joyce DeWitt was the actress who played Janet on the TV show Three's Company (which gave the world John Ritter - A sentence that eventually stopped being sarcastic)

So this morning I was thinking to myself, I wonder what Joyce is up to these days?  Is she still alive?  How does she feel about bacon?

As with all matters of pointless curiosity, my first stop was to type her name into Google, which brought me to her Wikipedia page (which I still do not trust as a source of unimpeachable knowledge, but it's often a useful place to start.)

I was somewhat puzzled to see the following vital information included without any further context-

"Contrary to reports, she has never painted actor Abe Vigoda's garage doors, 
and has never met the man"

Um... OK.

Now, is it just me or is that a strange thing to just throw out there without any additional information?

Is that the sort of thing that we, as a people, think that Joyce might do?  That one day the strain of her ongoing feud with Suzanne Somers might cause her to just snap and roam the neighborhood doing some light exterior paintwork?

I can't help but feel like the entire thing is a case of greeting the nice police officer's request to see your license with a hearty 'Well I certainly don't have a dead hooker in the trunk!'

Or is this some form of oblique wikipedia madlibs of which I was previously unaware.  is there a wikipedia add on where it asks for a verb, a noun and a celebrity from the 70s and then creates comical additions to otherwise dull and non-threatening entries?

You be the judge.

But just so you know, I have never decopaged Ron Glass' toaster.

I have never even met the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment