Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Vizsla in Question

It may not have entirely escaped attention that the Vizsla posts have been a tad... sparse... for the last few weeks.*

*On the other hand, it may have entirely escaped attention, in which case feel free to go about your business, nothing to see here.

The reason is simply that Willum, the titular (no giggling in the back) Vizsla has been undergoing some health issues lately. 

I should stress, he's OK.  He's just 14 years old (next week), which for a 70 lbs dog is a rich fair age.

But I'm not going to pretend that his age isn't, at this point, showing.  Which has made writing his column feel somewhat difficult just lately.

Again, I want to stress, he is alive and well.  Which is entirely today's point.  Willum is a great dog.  Outside of being an internationally known Internet pundit, he's loving, loyal, smart and kind.  He's the dog that people that hate dogs love.  He's one of a kind, as all dogs are, really.

And I realized that I was in a very real danger of never writing that down while he was here for me to rub his belly immediately after, and that is not OK.

Willum is a great dog, and he's alive, and we're here celebrating that today. You should take this moment to appreciate the dog that's still with you now, if you're lucky enough to have one with you now.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to rub a belly.

Tomorrow we'll return to daily frivolousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment