Saturday, January 4, 2014

This is why you can't trust appetizers

The other day in downtown St. Paul I was subjected to overhearing one of the most irritating, ill-informed and boorish conversations that it's ever been my misfortune to have to listen to.

One of the Gentlemen involved (and I use the term very loosely) was going on at some length about the few and specific reasons under which his church would recognize a divorce.  (So I'm sorry to inform a significant percentage of you that your divorces have been nullified because they don't live up to this Jackass' standards.  Tough break.)

After spending a while on this topic he switched to a discussion of  'Things those lib-ruls don't understand.'  Now at this point my ears pricked up a little bit, because I usually find this sort of thing terribly amusing.  I was not disappointed.

It turns out that the thing libruls hate most (ATJ*) is the depiction of guns in violent videogames.  This is because, and I quote directly here - 'Libruls hate that sort of won-ton violence.'

*According to Jackass

Yes.  I consider myself to be fairly progressive, and I can verify that the thought that really keeps me awake at night is the terror of Asian pasta-based appetizers taking up arms against me.  I'm breaking out in a cold sweat now just thinking of it.

And egg drop soup - don't even get me started on egg drop soup.  You can see it just planning the overthrow of proper biblical based government.

And what about potstickers?  You just KNOW that those potstickers are planning to start teaching evolution in our schools at any second!

What I'm saying here is that when our god fearing (as defined by one narrow sect) society falls, LeeAnn Chin will have more than a little to answer for.

That's all I'm saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment