Monday, April 1, 2013

So, This April Fools thing..

OK, I've been around the block a few times, but I just don't get this whole thing of picking a day once a year to play practical jokes on one another.  The old 'I'm bringing you back the tennis ball, oh no I'm turning away at the last second I AM TOTALLY NOT BRINGING YOU BACK THE TENNIS BALL' joke should plenty of funny for anyone.

Seriously, that never stops being funny.

Besides, I don't know how to break this to you, but Vizslas don't really get jokes.  Or irony. Or a lot of that last season of Lost.  What was up with that?  So they WERE dead?  Was THAT all some elaborate prank?

So, yes.  When you play some sort of elaborate practical joke on the Vizsla they are only going to stare at you blankly for a moment and then go back to rolling on their back making yeti noises.  No matter how well conceived or executed to prank may be.  Take, for example, that whole neutering thing.  (seriously, that WAS all a joke, right?  I mean... They are going to grow back... right...?)  I know it was a fair few years ago now, but even after the passage of time... still not funny.  Not even a little.

So anyway, April Fools Day is not destined to go down in the annals of popular Vizsla holidays.  Now if you'll excuse me, I've been assured that I have just won a basket full of slow moving bunnies and I only need to go blindfolded into the garage to collect them.

Yay, slow moving bunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment