Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I can really only blame myself for this...

A while back now I had a dream.

(Actually I have dreams all the time.  Often involving werewolves, because werewolves are awesome.  The Werewolf Dreams* are not, however, relevant to the current discussion.)

* Best Band Name Ever.  Someone should be writing these down.

So a while back I had this dream that I was driving somewhere and got stuck in one of those 'roundabout' things that you see in New England (and probably Old England as well now I think of it.)  If you're unfamiliar, they're a big circle that takes the place of an intersection that one might actually be able to use.  Everyone from all directions just flows into the circle and (theoretically) exits the circle in whatever direction they want to go.

So in this dream I was driving on a roundabout, and got stuck in the center lane, with other cars blocking me from getting to the outer lane where I could exit.  So I was just stuck going in circles over and over again and never getting anywhere.

And I woke up and thought to myself, 'Well, no need to waste money having that one analyzed.  Way to get right to the point, subconscious.'

And then a few nights ago I had another dream.

I dreamed that I wanted to go somewhere, so I went to the airport.  But I didn't have a ticket and couldn't find the main terminal, so I was just stuck wandering around in the airport never able to go anywhere.

And I woke up and thought to myself, 'For Christ Sake, Subconscious, you are not even trying anymore.'

So then last night I had another dream.

I'd locked myself out of my car, and so I called John Locke, from Lost, who had opened a Locksmith company called 'UnLocked', and he came and took care of it for me.

What in the name of Sweet Fuzzy Jesus does THAT mean?? 

Seriously, it's all I can think about now today.  What the Hell does that mean?  Am I supposed to embrace the theory of Self?  Am I concerned on some level about the breakdown of the Social Contract?  Should I rewatch Season 6 of Lost?

See, this is why you do not pick fights with your own subconscious. 

3 comments: