Saturday, September 14, 2013

I neglected to mention

So for a while now there have been little things piling up that I had meant to include on various articles on various topics, but for one reason or another I neglected to say. 

Who can say for certain what the reason is - I'm easily distracted by shiny things, I get caught up in my enthusiasm, I frequently write these after drinking a fair amount of wine... pick your horse on that one.

In any case, I'm finally taking the opportunity to go back and add a few final thoughts to some things that I wrote about earlier.

To begin

On September 12th, during my interview with Imaginary Benedict Cumberbatch- 

Just about the entire point of that day was to have an excuse to mention that Benedict Cumberbatch actually issued a fairly formal statement at one point requesting that his fans stop referring to themselves by the group name 'Cumberbitches', on the ground that he doesn't want anyone to feel demeaned or that they're less than he is.

That kinda throws the whole Trekkie/Trekker debate into sharp relief, now doesn't it.

But then I got caught up in Otters and cuddling with Martin Freeman, and totally forgot to bring it up.  Mistake corrected, Universe

On September 5th, during my discussion of the various possible apocalypses-

I totally forgot to segue off into a discussion of the whole 'Left Behind' movement - The small subset of religious fanatics that believe that Apocalypse: Step One will be 'All the insufferably self righteous pains in the ass magically disappear with no explanation leaving the rest of us behind to finally get a little peace and quiet.

On August 16th, while going through some of your more popular 'Dog' expressions-

I neglected to address the phrase 'Sick as a Dog', which has always struck me as a little unfair, although ironically I am currently pretty damn sick.  May I suggest the substitute expression ; "Sick as a Tanzanian Prostitute".

On July 4th, when I went on a bit about Independence Day while discussing Zombies, Roland Emerich and Antonin Scalia-

No, that one was perfect.

Right, those are the ones off the top of my head.  I'm sure we'll come back to this another time.

-Vizsla Out

No comments:

Post a Comment