Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I may regret this...

For those who don't suffer from chronic obsession on the subject, November 23rd is the 50th Anniversary of the very first broadcast of the first episode of Doctor Who.

On an unrelated note, I've been noticing lately that I've been getting a bit of a gut.

On a further unrelated note, I belong to a gym that I very rarely actually get to (I prefer to work out at home - the traffic and the drinking policy are both much more relaxed).  Despite the fact that I rarely get there, I do regularly receive emails from their trainer with useful tips.

Hang with me, this is all about to come together.

The other day I received an email from the gym outlining tips for getting in shape prior to the holidays (standard gym fare at this time of year.)  It stated a general plan of giving up sugar (alcohol included) and most if not all carbs for just 30 days and seeing what kind of impact that might make on your gut.

To reiterate-

1-  I have been getting a gut
2- it's just over 30 days until a huge anniversary, and I have been unsure how to commemorate it.
3- there is no three.

I hear you, Universe.

And so - I'm throwing this out there.  As of October 23rd I'm officially attempting to go without sugar and bread for 30 days in mutual celebration of Doctor Who and having pants that fit again.

We'll keep you posted as to how this works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment