Tuesday, June 18, 2013

No, Universe. You can't make me.

Generally speaking, Vizsla's are all for just going with the flow.  And so when a Vizsla receives a clear directive from the universe - like, say, 'You should jump out of this canoe to chase those ducks' you can be pretty sure that your average universe-abiding Vizsla is going to follow the suggestion and do just that.

The point I'm getting to here, is that the page view counter for the blog has been stuck on 420 all day long, and I'm sorry, but I'm simply not going to do it.

Suck it, Universe.

Now don't think that I'm being all judge-y.  It's not that at all.  I simply don't have particularly strong feelings about recreational marijuana use one way or another beyond observing that it's really only illegal because it's possible to make paper from hemp at about a tenth of the cost of wood pulp and with zero pollution, and William Randolph Hearst owned a lot of wood pulp paper mills.  (V=Kn)

Oh sure- I could use the opportunity to mention that Reefer Madness is just about the fuinniest unintentionally funny movie that you will ever see (there's a solid case to be made for They Live) and you should absolutely go see it at your earliest possible opportunity.  But I'm not going to, because that would feel like a betrayal of topic and Vizslas are all about integrity.  And Bacon.  Vizslas are all about integrity and bacon.

So, 'No', I say to you - clear message from the universe as delivered by an online widget.  I defy you. 

You're not the boss of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment