Wednesday, June 5, 2013

There's no such thing as a coincidence. Or a leprechaun.

I'm often given to wonder how we existed as a people before we had internet search engines.

I can only imagine that the lack of this vital resource drove us to such despicable acts as using libraries and pretending to care about each others' lives.

Shudder

I feel like we should have some sort of contest to see who under the age of 30 can successfully identify what this item is.  But that would require me having something to award as a prize, so it's not going to happen.

One more reason to get the Vizsla Online Store set up.  

Coming soon! General Beret-to t-shirts, mouse pads, and hygiene products! 


Wow.  I am actually more distractible than usual today, apparently.

The point I was actually trying to get to - In the course of an internet search this morning, I stumbled across the AKC website (That'd be the American Kennel Club.  As always, Vizsla = Knowledge, if not proper grammar).

What makes this notable is that out of all the possible bits of information one might find from the AKC, I - completely by chance mind you - happened across a blurb that stated that the Vizsla (the breed in general, not just me) is currently the 42nd most popular breed in the United States.*

*Current as of the time of polling - March 2010.  

Boom.

Oh yeah.  

That just happened.

The 42nd most popular breed.   

Now, I'm not one to believe in coincidence (or, as stated, Leprechauns), and so I can only draw one possible conclusion from this.

At some point in the future, I look into the heart of the TARDIS and Bad Wolf the crap out of this.

So, gentle reader, keep your eyes peeled for more instances of 42nd Vizlsa 4th dimensional tagging.  If you'll excuse me, I have to go convince my mother to borrow a dumptruck.

Vizsla out.... in The Vortex!

4 comments:

  1. Of course people under 30 know what card catalogs are. Because they've seen pictures of them on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also once amazed someone in that age group with my firsthand experience of mimeographed documents. It was like I was Obi-Wan describing the days of the Old Republic.

    ReplyDelete